Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had to do two small and I thought simple jobs on my son's 95 yesterday---change the Mass-air and replace the chrome horse in the grill .
Both of these were fastened w/tamper-proof screws that looked like torx heads with little pins in the middle that blocked use of torx tools.
Are there more of these frustrating little bastards lurking in the Mustang chassis??? And who sells the right tools to remove 'em?
I used a vise-grip & chewed 'em up pretty good.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I found those little suckers holding down my ignition switch in my 90. I ended up buying the set of the tools (tamper proof my @#%@#$%$#%) just another scam to make us buy more tools I guess. I have not seen any more of those yet, but figure better safe than sorry. I also ended up buying a set of inverted Torx sockets for the seat bolts in my POS Lumina. I still can't figure out why those are any better than a standard metric hex [email protected]#%$#[email protected]$?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Autozone has them. $3/ea. Sucks.

Does anyone know where to buy the whole set? I've got one for the mass air sensor and one for the ignition switch. Grrrr.

·
Registered
320 Posts
i got mine to take the top off my 94 bronco, those are held on by the same bolts. i paid about 3 bucks from NAPA auto parts

·
Registered
784 Posts
I found a pretty good set at Autozone for $17 or so, about 6 sizes plus a 1/4" drive adapter.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I found a pretty good set at Autozone for $17 or so, about 6 sizes plus a 1/4" drive adapter.
When I recently changed my MAF, I needed this evil tool. I went to AutoZone to find the afformentioned set for ~$17. The line was huge, so I punted and ended up going to an Advanced Auto Parts. Same exact set, "different" manufacturer, $9! Thought I was the smart shopper, until the C&L MAF showed up with a brand new T-20 bit! :mad:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts