Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts

I like it! and it's in TX. I too am interested in seeing what their quality is like.

Did you see their 'Boss' wing?

It looks more like the S281 than the Boss to me but it looks good. Doesn't the Boss wing stick out further?

Shawn

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
there is/was two versions of the Boss wing. they may have killed the shorter one since it was closer and cheaper to go with the saleen style.

·
Registered
236 Posts
They are close to me where I could go pick up a hood easily if I bought one, but I don't know about fitment issues or anything. I would like to know also, because I am in the market for a hood real soon.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I'm going to buy that same hood from the same company. they are local so i can pick up. what area are you in scraejtp? im in the rockwall area

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I e-mailed the company and they said they are in the process of being bought out by one of the major advertisers in our Mustang magazines. They (Boa-F/X) said they did not have much Mustang product at this time. It's 6 degrees in Ohio this morning, I guess I can wait for a hood a little while longer.

·
Registered
236 Posts
GTPhreak said:
I'm going to buy that same hood from the same company. they are local so i can pick up. what area are you in scraejtp? im in the rockwall area
I am at college in Lubbock, but I live in Plano.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I would like to get the fake saleen hood. The only problem is that I'm not sure that it will clear my engine. I was able to make my stock hood clear my 351w but I had to use drop solid motor mounts. Since then I have switched to stock mounts and a
cobra RR hood. I would rather keep my stock mounts. Any suggestions

·
Registered
83 Posts
If you go and pick it up then have them help you put it on! That way, if there are any issues you are right there with them standing over you. I wish I had the luxury of seeing it before purchasing it, I to have seen there ads, but am skeptical of these small companies. Right now I am in the market for a hood, but am seriously leaning towards Cervinis. Let us know what you think if you go by their place and see the product first hand.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
FWIW, MPS sells a nice looking Saleen copy:

$350 + $35 crate fee + shipp...

Shawn

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I used to have a BOA brand hood: junk. Very thin, flimsey, and non fitting. Plus it only had some puny threaded inserts where the hinges bolted on. Don't waste your money.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts