Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to replace the driver side seat in my 02 Mustang. Looking for cheap and light with some padding. Also please note if you think it is fat person friendly.

Wondering who has gotten what and how they felt about it? This will be for a Rallycross Mustang project I am doing over winter.

Thanks in advance!

· Registered
4,775 Posts
I have Corbeau seats in my '93. They are nice. Almost factory nice. I bought some that are comfortable but not hard to get in/out of. Be careful of what seats youget however as the ones I got sit you higher. I'm not sure a race helmet will fit between my head and the roof.

· Registered
247 Posts
Well I can tell you first hand that thees Tanaka seats are terrible, yes they were dirt cheap (about $400 for the pair, delivered) .. and I knew they would be bad. Well, they're bad.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

Selling them in spring with less than 100 miles on 'em, and zero burrito ghosts so far. I'm putting aside some $ for a set of Procar Rally XL's to order by the end of the year and hopefully have them delivered before the end of summer.

· Registered
21 Posts
I have Corbeau seats in my '93. They are nice. Almost factory nice. I bought some that are comfortable but not hard to get in/out of. Be careful of what seats youget however as the ones I got sit you higher. I'm not sure a race helmet will fit between my head and the roof.
I'm looking at these for my 93 as well ironically... which seat style did you go with?

· Registered
4,775 Posts
I'm looking at these for my 93 as well ironically... which seat style did you go with?
I got these and matching rear seat upholstry that I still have to install. They are almost as comfortable as the OEM seats in DD 2013 Focus. My only critisism is that even with the dedicated Corbeau seat slider mounts, they sit higher than stock and that puts me higher than stock. I'm 6ft tall and there is barely enough room for a helmet between my skull and the roof.

· Registered
21 Posts
I got these and matching rear seat upholstry that I still have to install. They are almost as comfortable as the OEM seats in DD 2013 Focus. My only critisism is that even with the dedicated Corbeau seat slider mounts, they sit higher than stock and that puts me higher than stock. I'm 6ft tall and there is barely enough room for a helmet between my skull and the roof.

I called the Corbeau customer service line today and they recommended their low profile mounts, they said they'll get you an inch lower than the normal seat mounts that they have on the website. They don't have the low profile mounts on the site apparently, which is wild but whatevs.

· Registered
2,110 Posts
If they are lower than the stock Mustang sliders that would be a home run as I would not mind an inch drop. I currently have the Corbeau TRS seats with the bottom foam shaved 1" in my Coupe and they are tolerable for me at 6'-1". They ride on the stock Mustang manual sliders utilizing 1-1/4" x 1/4" aluminum flat bar bolted to the original holes on the sliders and then holes drilled in the aluminum to bolt the seats to them.

When I contacted them by email all they would say is their sliders were the same height at the stock ones and made no mention of any low profile mounts.

· Registered
4,775 Posts
I called the Corbeau customer service line today and they recommended their low profile mounts, they said they'll get you an inch lower than the normal seat mounts that they have on the website. They don't have the low profile mounts on the site apparently, which is wild but whatevs.
Wish I had known that a year ago.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts