Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok my mustang has a misfire from 1600 rpm to 2000rpm when you hold the throttle while driving or in neutral it kind of sounds like a pop/stutter every second or two but very quiet you half to try to be listing to hear it/feel it

you can feel/hear it also when driving

ive used a set of 24 pound injectors and maf and 19 pound injectors and maf
tps is set
new coolant temp and air temp sensors,
new o2 sensors
2 different distributor caps
2 different distributors both used
2 coils
2 different sets of wires
new spark plugs gaped at .54
2 different tfi modules
new pcv valve and screen
egr valve cleaned

ive done a cylinder balance test and got cyl 1 and 4 always comes up
no codes beside 44

ive tried 8,10,12,14 degrees timing on 87 and 91 octain and 30 locked out timing still misses

ive adjusted my valves twice

smells alittle rich and burns eyes around tailpipes

runnin alittle warm but thats because my fan clutch is shot never overheated on this motor yet tho

ive took the upper intake off and tryed starting it while looking down the runners and all the injectors are spraying pretty even.

i do not have a vacuum leak

maf has been clean multiple times

ive got a msd 6al

the car runs great except the little stutter but you dont notice it unless you hold the throttle and listen closley

car has great power and streetabillity

running out of ideas????

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just took er for a ride and its a lot less bad since ive been changing stuff

so i kinda think it does it more when its warm cause i just changed my fan clutch and its running alot cooler and not missing as bad but i still can barley feel it

you can feel at idle more than driving

·
Registered
543 Posts
ok my mustang has a misfire from 1600 rpm to 2000rpm when you hold the throttle while driving or in neutral it kind of sounds like a pop/stutter every second or two but very quiet you half to try to be listing to hear it/feel it

you can feel/hear it also when driving

ive got a msd 6al
Have you tried running it without the MSD?

Code 44 KOER? Do you get code 11 KOEO?

·
Registered
10,199 Posts
Generally U can just unplug the MSD if they used a jumper like most do(Rather than hard wire) & plug directly back into the coil. I'd also suspect the MSD!!! If U don't have Instr's for the MSD(I suspect U don't based on your response)go to their Website & print them off!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.