Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local Mustang club I hang out with (TCHRacing) had a dyno day over at Razorsedge Performance in town. They had a shinny brand new Mustang Dyno that we felt obliged to help break in.

Here is a link of my car on the dyno:

http://www.tchracing.com/media/dynoday/gtdave.wmv

My numbers where: 372.3HP @ 5250 RPM / 403.2 TQ @ 4250 RPM

There was a stock 03 Cobra that only put down 329 HP/ 375 TQ, so I am pretty happy with the numbers.

·
Registered
965 Posts
hey.. those are great numbers..!!

I know nothing about Mustang dyno, just that usually numbers are lower than DynoJet

But, what i noticed in your numbers is that your HP is lower but your torque is higher... Did you have new mods after your Dynojet dyno??

congrats anyway :cool:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
None. The only difference that I can think of was the weather. It was cooler and less humid outside when I had it dynoed on the Mustang Dyno. Anyone know the conversion formula from Mustang Dyno to Dynojet?

·
Registered
865 Posts
GT2KDave said:

My numbers where: 372.3HP @ 5250 RPM / 403.2 TQ @ 4250 RPM
Is that all you got???? I'd be embarrassed :eek:

(JK Dave)

I've heard that there is a significant difference between the 2, so I wouldn't be surprised if your new Mustang Dyno #'s are much higher after you convert it over.

·
Registered
451 Posts
My headswapped GT put down 215hp/280tq.. not sure on the tq. on a Mustang Dyno.. congrats on the 300+ numbers!!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone know what the formula is for converting Mustang Dyno numbers to Dyno Jet?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, it looks like my car picked up some HP/TQ since I had it dynoed 6 months ago. Perhaps the weather is the reason.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts