Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the corral forum, and I just recently purchased an 04 Competition Orange GT, and am I looking at just getting mufflers welded up. I had the hooker cat-back on my old 97 Z28, and it sounded great, I was thinking of putting either the aerochamber or the hooker max flow's on. I was wondering if anyone has either of the two on their cars and how it sounds.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Alot of guys like Magnapacks and I hear Borla Sounds good too..
Dave

·
Registered
214 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
flowmaster super 40's are the deepest and are loud to boot.they sound better than mags,bassani,borla,or anything else out there.imho. ladies and gentle men,let the flaming begin...lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
flowmasters are for girls and little boys who aren't sure they like girls yet. what kind of an idiot.... just kiddin'! :) I like their sound too, but you don't gain any power. Not much with any muffler alone actually. Alot of guys think the magnapacks are too raspy. (I'm 1 of them) Try this out: www.mustangexhaust.com gives you an idea anyway.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I agree. Flow's don't give much or any hp but i think they are the pest sounding muffler you can get. The magnapacks are not deep enough and are too raspy. I say go with the flows. I had rather not gain 2 or 3 hp and have a good sounding car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all of the replys, but I think I might try the hookers, because I just want to try something different, I was just wondering if anyone had them on their cars, or heard them before. The maximum flow is a straight thru design and the aero chamber is chambered, so now I just need to decide which of the two to buy. Eventually I am going to do the Mac LT's and the pro-chamber mid-pipe, so I just need to figure out which one would sound better with the pro-chamber midpipe.

·
Registered Loser
2,604 Posts
I recommend saving your money and purchasing the entire catback, instead of just welding them in.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I don't think the straight through design will sound very good on a prochamber. I could be wrong, but I think that's not an enviable setup. If you're doing mac longtubes, be prepared to pull the passenger side header off when you replace your clutch.

·
Registered
424 Posts
blackstang00 said:
flowmaster super 40's are the deepest and are loud to boot.they sound better than mags,bassani,borla,or anything else out there.imho. ladies and gentle men,let the flaming begin...lol
I guess Flowmasters are ok if you don't like hearing your stereo.:hammer:

·
Registered
586 Posts
If your going the MAC route, why not stay with them for the entire system? I have the 2.5" Prochamber and the 2.5" Catback on my 03 GT and it sounds great. Ive tried several combos up until this one and I love it. I had the 40s Flows and the MAC catback sounds just as good, basically the same, but is much better in the terms of fit and quality. The interior is quieter, but dont get me wrong this thing is LOUD outside. Plus you can remove the chrome tips when you go to the track so you dont coat them with rubber. My vote is for MAC all the way....

JTR

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have the BBK LT headers and off road x pipe with flowmasters and I love the sound. The long tubes and x pipe added a more aggressive sound than the off road h pipe and manifolds. You will love the extra HP from the long tubes as well. If they are an option I woud go with them for sure.

·
Registered
214 Posts
here is another tip, dont get an x pipe with a chambered muffler. It will sound like crap. If you get a straight through design then the x pipe will sound good. If you do get the chambered mufflers get the H pipe. thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Prochamber with Flows Sounds Awesome!
Dave

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so if I go with the Mac LT's with the prochamber or the o/r h-pipe, it would sound better with the aerochambers, since they are the chambered style, instead of the maxflows which are straight thru. I like the Mac's b/c I can get them cheap, and I don't really wan't to invest in the whole cat-back, b/c it is too much money for little results.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I would get a cat back if i were you....
Dave

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Is it really worth spending around 300 to 350 dollars for a cat-back? If so, which one is the best flowing cat-back? I have searched on here before and read a lot of people like the magnaflow or the slp cat back.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Would it really be worth spending 300-350 dollars on a cat-back? If so, which one gives the best results in power? Is the Mac cat back any good? I have heard it before and it sounded awesome.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts