Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Muffler tape on H pipe will it stay on or burn off?

Well here is my delima, I just put my car back toghether and now my rear main is leaking like crazy and oil is dropping on the H pipe causing a smoke show. I was wondering can I temporarly wrap that section of the H pipe by the rear main with muffler tape so the oil will not burn off and cause a smoke show. this is temporary and Im not looking to drivin like this for months just a week or two till I can get the rear main fixed. I figure the oil will slide off the tape or get absorbed and that way no more smoke show.

Will this work or will it burn off cause fire? due to high temps of the H pipe exhaust?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would think it would soak through the wrap and smoke or the wrap would become saturated and catch fire. Maybe you can wrap crumpled aluminum foil around it where its dripping that should work but don't do it for long cause where not driving Camaros here:evil:

Regards, John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.