Discussion Starter #1
So it’s getting time for exhaust for my 65 fastback with
2 valve push rod motor
Vortech V3 si
Cam
Intake .572 exhaust .566
272 281
On 115* lobe separation

Looking for something more on the quiet side will more than likely be running 2 1/2 inch mandrel bent Tig welded with H pipe

Like to have something on the quieter side I prefer deeper smoother tones.
Give me some ideas please!
I’m considering magnaflow
AB0202DB-74AA-4D99-B695-196371451745.jpeg

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
I've read about quite a few guys running OEM 2015+ Muffers on their cars to quiet them down and still retain a nice growl. Been searching for sound clips but haven't found any yet.

Same issue here...i want to actually quiet my car down, but not lose (much) power.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, oem mufflers are made by walker?

I’m going to try the alt with out tensioner.
It has decent wrap so might work
If it does slip I’ll just pretend I intended it too. Kind of like a clutch fan 🙂

·
Registered
176 Posts
I think what the second poster meant was actual stock 2015+ mufflers with different hangers welded on work well to quiet down a sbf.
They certainly flow well enough for 400+ hp.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I've read about quite a few guys running OEM 2015+ Muffers on their cars to quiet them down and still retain a nice growl. Been searching for sound clips but haven't found any yet.

Same issue here...i want to actually quiet my car down, but not lose (much) power.
FWIW on a foxbody it seems those are too big to fit under the car, the body is too tall from what I saw

On another note after spending some time browsing the Walker catalog I found these two options, PN 21762 and PN 21548, they both fit size wise, are 2.5" offset and like OE one is longer than the other. What I don't know is how they sound and if the two are the same inside. I am going to try them when I redo my system.

And lastly I honestly wonder if a 2.25" is going to cost any noticeable power in a street car application.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The more sound clips I listen to the more I’m liking Dynomax super turbos
They have interesting design that uses reflective curves along with glass pack design.

The magnaflows that i initially Liked seem to break up and crumble like a glass pack at higher rpm.
And these seem to hold steady sound.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FWIW on a foxbody it seems those are too big to fit under the car, the body is too tall from what I saw

On another note after spending some time browsing the Walker catalog I found these two options, PN 21762 and PN 21548, they both fit size wise, are 2.5" offset and like OE one is longer than the other. What I don't know is how they sound and if the two are the same inside. I am going to try them when I redo my system.

And lastly I honestly wonder if a 2.25" is going to cost any noticeable power in a street car application.
I’m actually considering going with 3” Because future upgrades to stronger shortblock I’ll want more power than 2.5” likes.
I’m really interested in the walker oem mufflers and I can see how using different size mufflers on dual system could help with drone

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I went with Dynamax UltroFlo's on mine b/c I've had good luck with them being really quiet but they are still a straight through design so they flow good.

ks

·
Registered
777 Posts
I have the Dynomax VT. It is a straight through design but incorporates a spring loaded valve that stays mostly closed under light loads. No drone whatsoever and the noise level is not bad just driving around. Under load though the valve opens up for unrestricted flow. I dont see them on Dynomax's website now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts