Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Doing the coyote/MT82 swap in fox. I haven’t installed yet, but was told the shifter is about 3 inches behind where it needs to be. I was also told there’s a shifter to buy that will correct this problem, does anyone have a link to this shifter?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
24,570 Posts
Call power by the hour

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
https://pbhperformance.com/ Hadn't heard of them before, that's a good link to file away for future reference!

With that said, I don't see anything about a shifter relocation for the MT82.

·
Registered
24,570 Posts
hence why it was said to CALL.

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
Before doing anything with the shifter, I would install the engine and transmission, so that you can see how much of the transmission tunnel needs to be cut out of the car for the MT82 to fit.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts

·
Registered
4,382 Posts

·
Registered
24,570 Posts
you are not sure. surprising

so the production company is sure that is you taking a selfie of yourself.......i see

thanx for clearing that up.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found the answer, MGW makes it

They make two shifters to move the linkages.

If anyone in the future is reading this, call MGW. They’ll tell you what you need

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
The reason Power by the Hour doesn't know is because the MT82 doesn't fit in a Fox Mustang. Before spending any money, mock this up in the car.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
you are not sure. surprising
I don't proclaim to be an expert on where GIFs on the internet originate.

Call the production company that made the commercial and ask them.
so the production company is sure that is you taking a selfie of yourself.......i see
A selfie of myself? As opposed to a selfie of someone else? :lol:

I'm not sure what you see, but it apparently wasn't the words in my post, because your interpretation doesn't even make any sense.

cause Christian told me MGW makes one?
You're the one who talked to him, why are you asking us what he told you?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found the answer, MGW makes it

They make two shifters to move the linkages.

If anyone in the future is reading this, call MGW. They’ll tell you what you need
Did you get the mt82 to work in the fox? If so, any modifications needed besides the shifter?

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
The shifter is the least of your worries. You'll end up with either a t56 or a tko. We tried this in a fox and found we had to reprofile the trans tunnel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The shifter is the least of your worries. You'll end up with either a t56 or a tko. We tried this in a fox and found we had to reprofile the trans tunnel.
Thanks. I found a gen2 that came with a mt82 option for a good deal. I'll have to pass on the tranny

1 - 19 of 19 Posts