Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend that works at a tire shop and a guy came in to have some radials put on his car and he had almost new ET Streets on there. After my friend put the new tires on, the guy told him he could have the ET Streets so he gave them to me. I have a pair of Center Line Auto Drags that are 8.5 inches wide and I'm wandering if the Streets will work. I know they are supposed to go on 10 in. rims but would they work on a 8.5 inch rim? Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
I just put my 11.5s on my new 8" prostars and they will work Perfectly..The 11.5" ET Street is Actually the Exact same size as a 26-10.5 ET Drag..The contact patch on the 11.5s is only 10" wide so measure it and you will see....The 26-10.5s contact patch is only 8" wide..:rolleyes: but they still hook well..They will work Great on your 8.5s..

Jeff

·
Registered
541 Posts
The ET Streets are measured like a DOT tire (because they are) They measure them from the sidewalls when inflated. The ET Drag is measured from the tread when inflated.......thats why you get different numbers.

·
RobKong
1,118 Posts
Please keep the 5.0/5.8 Engine tech forum limited to engine tech.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts