Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a new monster tach and now I notice that at about 6400rpm my msd is cutting spark. I have a 7000rpm pill in it. I am sure it is the msd because my eec chip turns of the factory limit of 6250. Does anyone have any info to help me on this? Thanks.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sometimes these things are wacky. Try a new chip in the msd box. Sometimes they go bad. Thats bout the only thing I can think of. If not, try a 7200 chip, see where that cuts out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I was starting to wonder the same thing. Maybe it's a bad msd pill. On monday I will go see my tuner that burned the chip for me and ask what he did to the ecc rev limiter. Maybe he set it to 6400? But it sure feels like the msd limit when I hit it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Make sure that the factory rev limiter is set to somthing like 10,000 or completly removed. They are so bad for the car. They cut fuel, causing a lean condition. The MSD cuts spark and is much safer. You can rely on that to save your motor.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you're right about cutting fuel off "scarey" I swapped the 7000 pill with another 7000 pill and it still cuts out at 6400. I am going back to the tuner asap to have the limit checked. I told that guy to get rid of it:mad: Now they will want more money I bet, just to do what I already asked them to do.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i am getting somewhere now, I went to the tuner and he said he set it to 9000rpm. He made a call and then made a software change to the pip filter or filter counts. Now I have had it to about 6700, I think one more tweek and it will be out of the way.

·
Registered
207 Posts
HEY HEY what do you say? Any better my man? Best of luck with that thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts