1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
yeah that is for a carburatoed car, you need to get teh oen for EFI then you have to put female spade ends on yrou wires and hook it up, comes in the directions when you buy it.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I just bought and installed a MSD blaster TFI coil (Summit $44.88)which was a direct bolt-in on my '86. Don't know about your '93, but I didn't have to put any spades in the wire connectors or anything...

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
Ahh Mark yuo are correct. it is a direct bolt in. I had to add spade terminals to mien because I actualyl run a carb car. I was having a moment of re re there. ( I'm starting to get grey hair too) no jokes now ok LOL

·
Registered
984 Posts
I got that coil in my 82 and I love it. The motor runs well with it and the 6AL.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did u guys buy the universal bracket to hook it up or how did u do it?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
or can i just make a gheto bracket or something and hook it up, b/c im in the process of doing it right now and realized i dont know how im going to hook it to the car

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
Use the older Ford Coil brackets. Most every V8 had the coil bracket that will work. Mounts to front of head or on intake or anywhere you like.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fornt of intake or head??? dont i have to mount it where the stock one was?

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
no you dont have to mount it where stock was. Anywhere you like. It would be convient to mount were wires to hookup would reach but they can be lengthened also if they have too.

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
I just installed an MSD TFI blaster coil on tuesday...i havent really noticed a difference except for an electrical trickleing noise...what should i expect?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Cellos88 - I want to say mine seems to idle a bit smoother. I keep really good records of gas mileage, and I've been told that may go up. Also - if you don't like the noise, MSD (and Corralers) told me to put rubber washers between the coil and mount points. Mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts