Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I wired up the car for the MS3X I wired it for the standard Mod Motor firing order of 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8. Using the #1 Tooth Angle of 40* degrees the motor would not run, even trying the 40* + 360* = 400* degree approach that I had read online did not work to get the motor to start/run. I was able to get the motor to run at #1 TA 40* in waste spark, verified timing with a timing light of 10* BTDC. Digging around some more I found where Holley guys are running the timing order starting with # 6 cylinder and 6-5-4-8-1-3-7-2 timing order for sequential fuel/ timing.
Anyone know of how to adjust the firing order to that like the Holley or what I might need to change to get the car running on full sequential fuel/ timing? I've read in the manual about finding the #1 Tooth Angle and did so but don't have the numbers currently in front of me, something along the lines of 720# degrees if memory is correct.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.