Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of installing a MP3 changer in the trunk of my premium 02 GT. I was wondering if anyone has done something similar? The car came with the 6 in-dash CD player but I'd really like to play MP3s through the system. I guess I could install the kind that go over the FM radio but I would like to see if it is possible to maybe hook it up through the radio. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
As far as I know there is no way to hook up an aftermarket changer to the stock Mach system. The FM version wouldn't really sound that bad if you got a quality system.

If you are really serious about the MP3s, gut the Mach system and put in either a MP3-headunit or one that could control the changer you want directly. Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks cmdrstask. I've found that the system is not compatible also. I guess I'm just going to stick with the 6 in dash regular CD player. Good thing is that I can play CD-Rs :D . It's a shame that Ford doesn't have dome sort of jack to plug in a player or offer a 6 disc MP3. I think I may stick with the stock system for now. It's not that bad until I can afford to build a system.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Empeg

I have an Empeg system. It is very likely the best MP3 player I've ever seen. Mine is a small one and currently has over 2000 songs on it...and those are ripped at a rather high bit-rate.

Sad thing is that they don't make them any longer...but you can easily find them for sale on ebay.

Even has a built-in 20-band parametric EQ...very nice.

·
Registered
329 Posts
StangNo3 said:
Thanks cmdrstask. I've found that the system is not compatible also. I guess I'm just going to stick with the 6 in dash regular CD player. Good thing is that I can play CD-Rs :D . It's a shame that Ford doesn't have dome sort of jack to plug in a player or offer a 6 disc MP3. I think I may stick with the stock system for now. It's not that bad until I can afford to build a system.
Look around online, I'm sure you could find the new factory MP3 player that is part of the Mach system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts