Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm moving from Cleveland to Central Cali. Right now my car has an offroad h-pipe, flowmaster mufflers, upr powerpipe, pro-m mass air, march underdrive pulleys, and a steeda timing adjuster.

I know Cali smog is a pain, and I'm thinking that if I switch to my stock h-pipe and put on the stock intake piece, mass air, and filter with cover, it should pass. Does this seem right to you guys? Will I get any trouble with the underdrive pulleys and timing adjuster on there? Oh I also have a dynabatt battery, is that ok?

Also, how much did you guys pay to register your car out there? I heard its more expensive if your car is a V8 vs. V6 etc.....and that it's also done by the value of the car.

I just want to make sure I know what I'm getting into, and have all my bases covered before I drive my car out there. Thanks!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Registration is done by the cost of the car. Also, search yahoo for CARB (California Air Resources Board) for modifications allowed.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i smogged my 99 gt with 2 factory cats (2 removed) and i passed like wayy underneath ..i could have been running no cats and still passed so just take care of the engine

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm moving to San Luis Obispo. I don't suppose any of you know of a smog station, that would say, take a $100 cash deftly placed into smog tech's hand to get a pass on a car that obviously wouldn't?

281cipwr: don't they check underneath and do a visual on the car to make sure it has the factory cats? if you had an offroad pipe and still passed the sniffer, wouldn't you still fail the visual?

Hell if I can get away with it, I would like to. But I don't want my car impounded either if I get caught. Thanks for all the help so far guys, its GREATLY appreciated. Keep it coming, if any of ya have some more input.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hopefully when you register your car you won't have to go to "Test Only" I had to switch intakes since there wasn't an EO# on it. I put a Holley on it and had to show the EO# in the Summit catalog. Then the guy wanted the catalog to buy parts for his car.

·
Registered
262 Posts
281cipwr said:
i smogged my 99 gt with 2 factory cats (2 removed) and i passed like wayy underneath ..i could have been running no cats and still passed so just take care of the engine
Was this on done under the new smog test II standards?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts