Ford Mustang Forums banner

Mounting MSD 6A type Box and Finding Tach Lead

855 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  scoupe89 
#1 · (Edited)
Anyone have any pics of mounting MSD type 6A box? I am thinking top of the firewall on the black plastic cover ( heat problem, Vibration) , or where the old stock airbox was located.

#2 ·
scoupe89 said:
Anyone have any pics of mounting MSD type 6A box? Which tach lead did you use? There is a lead to a capacitor mounted on the stock coil location. Can this lead be used?
Well - I guess I don't know what you are asking. All the wires you need to get the MSD up and running are at the coil. The easy way to do it is to buy the harness for the car but I guess you could cut the factory harness if you were so inclined. The MSD harness is only like $15 and your local Checker / Kragen should have it in stock. Another nice thing about the MSD harness is that it's a no-brainer to hook up - color to color.

The tach lead on the MSD box is so you can hook up your monster tach or whatever.

I haven't installed mine on my '95 yet (I'm thinking of getting a HI6 instead), but I'll either mount it in the inner fender on the driver's side, or mount it inside the car.

Shawn

#3 ·
If this helps- I saw a picture of an MSD part ( # unknown ) that fits the 96-98 cars. It is a bracket that fits on the Strut Tower Brace, at the back near the firewall. It sits the box facing the sky as if you sat it on a table. I dont know if this would work on our cars but it looks very clean.

#4 ·
Thanks for the help. I already have the MSD TFI harness. I've seen the bracket described on both 94/95 and 96/98 cars and it is very nice. I'm going to try to make one today.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.