Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious if anyone has used the Racecraft or Team Z mounting brackets in a SN. I'm 5'10" tall and shrinking. I need to at least see over the hood. It appears that these brackets mount the seats pretty low.
Pics? Experience?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I am just a CH shy of 6' and used the Racecraft brackets with my Kirkey seats. I have no issues seeing over the hood There is a lot of adjustment built into the brackets. Just get the height right before you drill holes into the seats to mount. I used blocks of wood to get the position right and had my brother help mark the seats before drilling and mounting.

Mine are installed in a new edge but it shouldn't be much different in a SN95.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am just a CH shy of 6' and used the Racecraft brackets with my Kirkey seats. I have no issues seeing over the hood There is a lot of adjustment built into the brackets. Just get the height right before you drill holes into the seats to mount. I used blocks of wood to get the position right and had my brother help mark the seats before drilling and mounting.

Mine are installed in a new edge but it shouldn't be much different in a SN95.

View attachment 1059147
Thank you! That looks great. Who's cage did you use? How's headroom with a helmet on?

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went with a Wolfe Race Craft chromoly cage and I still have a few inches headroom with my helmet on.
Thanks for the info. Brackets ordered.

Reactions: quikbluewagon

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One more question. How did you mount the crotch straps?

·
Premium Member
2,592 Posts
One more question. How did you mount the crotch straps?
Are you trying to meet NHRA rules? If so, the crotch strap mount must be behind your crotch. I went with a 1/2" grade 8 bolt with a big grade 8 flat washer. This bolt goes through the floor pan and through the sub-frame connector cross support for the rear of the drivers seat mount. This way the mount is effectively tied into the sub-frame connector.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you trying to meet NHRA rules? If so, the crotch strap mount must be behind your crotch. I went with a 1/2" grade 8 bolt with a big grade 8 flat washer. This bolt goes through the floor pan and through the sub-frame connector cross support for the rear of the drivers seat mount. This way the mount is effectively tied into the sub-frame connector.
Are you using the MM subframe connectors? The cross bar that attaches to rear seat bolts doesn't have a flat edge for the washer to seat.

·
Premium Member
2,592 Posts
Are you using the MM subframe connectors? The cross bar that attaches to rear seat bolts doesn't have a flat edge for the washer to seat.
I have the Kenny Brown sub-frame connectors. I am sure that you can make accommodations to get it mounted correctly.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
2,592 Posts
Use or make something like this:

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #14