Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered them and I was told by the salesman they came with bolts and gaskets. I was in a hurry and just said OK. What kind of gaskets come with them? I need to have all the parts in my possession before Thursday so I can have them on that night. Friday is World Ford Challenge, so I am kinda in a rush. LOL!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
122 Posts
They come with some cruddy gaskets that will burn up and leak on you.

Do it right the first time and get some Fel-Pro 1415's and have them ready for when the headers arrive.

I have a pair of the headers sitting on my workbench that I am grinding the welding slag off of the runners right now. Some of the ports were a bit choked off from the welding. They'll be bolted up with the Fel-Pro 1415's once I am done.

Sean.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
felpro 1415 will have to be ordered - go to Autozone and buy Mr Gasket Ultra Seals - #5930. They are just as good as the Felpro and are only $10.00!!!

Now a question for you - on your cobra intake what did you use to block the EGR coolant lines when you swapped intakes?? Some have suggested just to run the line under the upper intake neck but I would prefer to cap the hole in the hard coolant line. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Now a question for you - on your cobra intake what did you use to block the EGR coolant lines when you swapped intakes?? Some have suggested just to run the line under the upper intake neck but I would prefer to cap the hole in the hard coolant line. Any suggestions??
I put a plug in the lower intake on the back line. On hard line end, I put a plug and hose clamp on the line, Never leaked.

Hey LX8UUP, do I know you? I don't think I have ever seen your car.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
So it is my understanding the rear opening is on the intake itself and not a hole in the hard line like it is in front??

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is correct

·
Registered
231 Posts
will the 4315's fit on the BBK shorty headers. If so that is what I am getting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts