Ford Mustang Forums banner

motorsport part number and price???

287 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  92 5 oh 
#1 ·
A friend of mine was telling me about a full upgrade kit that ford makes that includes the 5lug conversion and the rear disk conversion and a upgrade for the front brakes.

Do you guys know anything about this kit. I have not been able to find anything on the kit.

Also is there a site that will have a full listing of all the motorsport parts and prices?

Thanks guys.
Brock

#2 ·
it's called super heavy duty cobra disc brake conversion kit. part # M-2300-K. kit includes 13" front and 11.65" rear rotors, spindles, axle shafts, hubs, calipers, mounting brackets, cobra brake booster and MC, adj proportioning vavle, hoses, tubes, attaching hardware and instructions. suggested retail $1795. i sleep with my ford racing mag :p

later
steve

#3 ·
M2300K is the ford part number. Muscle mustangs and Fast Fords May 2003. Vol. 16. No. 5. One of the many mods I have marked down for my car. Cant wait to get 5 lug and bigger brakes. Just do a search for M2300K brake upgrade and you will find some websites about people who have done it. Or get the issue of MM&FF very good article by the way. good luck.

#5 ·
Hey is this kit a good one if I want to decrease my stoping distance by a dramatic ammoun

#6 ·
i'm sure it is, i can't speak from experience though, those are pretty large rotors, and i believe the front calipers use a dual piston. i think if you're looking for a cheaper alternative with the same results you may want to check out this page
http://svo73mm.cjb.net/
it's this guy matt90gt, if you haven't seen the site already. it's got TONS of info and this guy knows his stuff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.