Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone give me some information on motor mounts, specifically solid ones. What advantages do they provide, if any, and how much would they cost with installation? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
713 Posts
If you replace your motor mounts you should replace your transmission mount. Its cheap and easy. I got the energy suspension polyurethane motor mounts and tranny mount. You can do it yourself or should be less than one hour labor at a shop. $125 for the motor mounts and 20 for the tranny mount. If you don't you will have a tight motor and a loose tranny. Not good. Just need to jack up the motor and replace. Then suppport the tranny with a jack, careful not to hoist it up just suspend it. two bolts from the tranny crossmember and the mount bolts. You have to spend some time getting the new thicker one in. Takes some coersing. Solid ones are good too but you might not need them unless you are strictly a track car.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks wazee. I was just wondering whether or not they might give my car more of a rumble, like a '60's muscle car.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Won't they make the engine sit down a little further too? My strut tower brace won't fit with my 3/8" spacer. It's just like 1/8" too high. I was hoping that new motor mounts would give me a lower profile so I could keep the spacer and use the strut tower brace (it's a FRPP one, not the stock thing).

·
Registered
713 Posts
call racer walsh ask for eddie, if not anyone can help you. He told me I will need new low profile motor mounts with my new A351 383 stroker engine. He can sell you a set that will drop the engine I am guessing an inch. Call eddie 904-721-2289 till 6pm, jacksonville, florida. Tell them mike around the corner referred you. (you might get a better deal)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts