Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 mustang 5.0 lx convertible I was able to get the new driver side motor mount done but I can't get the passenger side done because I can't get to the back bolt on the motor! Any suggestions on what to do??? Or how you did it? Thank you!!!!!!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Install the engine side mounts first leaving the hardware loose.

Lower engine and slide engine L/R to align to Kmember holes and install hardware finger tight.

Torque engine side mounts.

Align engine between fenders.

Torque Kmember hardware.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
I had the opposite problem - more trouble with the D/S due to the location of the oil filter and apparently due to the offset of the rack mounts, the D/S fastener was a PITA to get tight because it was so close to the power steering pressure line - couldn't get anything on there but an open-end with a little more than a quarter turn available. Otherwise, one side at a time using a jack to raise/lower the motor as needed. No final torqueing until the pieces are in place (with those little locating nubs in correct).

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I did mine this spring and I had to get under the car with a long extension and also a u-joint. I also had to disconnect the starter wire to get the old mount out and new mount in. Not easy but doable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts