Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share my experience for future reference for others here on the Corral. If you purchase Moser axles........BE PREPARED TO GRIND!!!! I had to grind about .030" off the end of each axle today to get them installed. I measured the stock axles versus the Moser's and there was approximately .030" difference.........and it was a consistant difference between both axles. Other than that, the swap was pretty simple. Hope this helps somebody in the future!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hmmmm....I have heard that before. But, when I snapped an axle on a launch... I had the rear re-done with an eaton posi and 31 spline mosers... and they fit like a charm! I guess it's the luck of the draw???

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Yea, those Mosers are a tad long. Cannot push all the way in to install the C-clip. Helped a friend do this before. Didn't you just hate grinding on the new axle. Not a good feeling. Should have sent them back, but having to do it 2 times or some grinding, guess which won. Glad you got them in with no other problems.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah........I hate having to modify any brand new parts that are supposed to be a direct replacement parts!! It wasn't hard to grind them........but it was something that Moser could have prevented at their factory. I know one thing........they are definitely a lot harder than my stock axles!!! :D

·
Registered
986 Posts
snakebite,
is the hub deep enough so the wheel rest on the hub and not just the studs? that's another measurement those a**holes messed up on my axles. now the weight of the back of the car is resting just on the wheel studs, not the hub like it supossed to.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Twofast,
I did not notice any other fitment problems. Wheels/brake rotors fit the new axles, just like the old ones. I guess I'm not exactly sure what problem you are describing. Can you elaborate?? It might be something that I need to check......that I did not notice during the install. Thanks, Wayne.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts