Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm likely picking up a used long block within the next week and the oil pan it's coming with is the Moroso 20511. I'm sure it's an improvement over my stock pan. (I'd hope) Just want to verify among the turn'n crowd it's good to go as it's way easier to pull a pan on an engine stand than it is in the car later. My car isn't extreme track but it will see quite a bit of abuse. I'll typically be using 200aa tires doing HPDE days and some auto-x. I don't have an aftter market K-member yet but I will be doing an MM later. I did search and saw I'll be expecting to extend out the lower K member brace. Just wanted to double check about it's function first.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I called Moroso and they said they do not recommend that pan for auto-x or open track. They said it's typically lower to the ground and doesn't have side trap doors inside for lateral movement. They recommended I get a different pan for my application. Damn.

·
Vendor
12,044 Posts
5 dollars worth of plate steel, make 4 strips and tack them in at a 45 degree angle on all 4 side of the rear sump. The pickup is submerged in 5 inches of oil. Any oil that wants to climb a wall will be stopped by the tacked in strip.

Moroso wants to sell you a pan. The amount of 5 qt stock pans out there is huge.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
That pan is 9" deep. I would measure your ground clearance in dive but I think that pan is flirting
with danger for the intended use. I'm running the Moroso 20506 in my 86 A/X OT car. It's a 7.5" sump with kick-outs and internal baffles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts