Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i widen my factory wheels will they fit under the car without spacers? i dont the offset or anything. i was thinkning of 10-10.5in or something.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I widened my stock Bullitt wheels to 10" and have to run a 1" spacer. 10.5's will more then likely rub with 1" spacer, you would need more like 1.25". The problem is the quad shock gets in the way. H&R are the only way to go!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Bullit5172,

What size tires are you running on those 10" wheels and do you ever get any rubbing with the bulllit suspension.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
are the quad shocks the only prob? i dont have quad shocks on mine anymore. they were removed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am running 285/40-17's in the rear. I have no issues with rubbing. The quad shocks are the only suspension component that is close to the tire. If your car is lowered there might be some issues with the sidewall getting too close to the fenderwell lip.

·
Registered
20 Posts
bullitt5172 said:
I widened my stock Bullitt wheels to 10" and have to run a 1" spacer. 10.5's will more then likely rub with 1" spacer, you would need more like 1.25". The problem is the quad shock gets in the way. H&R are the only way to go!
Who widened your wheels and what exactly did you have to provide in order to get the job done?

I've heard that it takes two wheels, so they can cut a wider portion of one wheel and weld it to the other. Then I heard from someone else who posted on this board, that the shop can use some of their own stock to do the job.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had my wheels done here in Michigan. The company is called Weldcraft. I supplied them (2) new wheels and that was it. They do all the work on a lathe. A 2" band is made from aluminum and TIG welded into the wheel. They did an excellent job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts