Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the deal. We ported heads, changed cam, rings, bearing gaskets. I was having overheating problems before, and changing my lower hose seemed to fix it. T-stat and water pump are new. Its been about 2 weeks since my last overheat. I ran 4 races last night and there was a white puddle on the ground, supposedly off my H-pipe (???) well when I looked under it was all burnt off by then, by others said they saw it drip. Well today I drove about 100 miles since racing last night, and now my temp shot right up. I released the pressure from the system, then managed to drive it home with the cap on but loose. I have a 160 tstat and my temp gauge was in the middle. The air out of the vents was cold, then luke warm, then cold, luke warm, cold, luke warm, etc etc etc the whole way home. Didnt get real high on the gauge but it was higher than it should be. The dipstick looks kinda milkshake-ish but I havent changed the oil yet since re-assembly, so it could be all the assembly lube too in the oil. The coolent in the radiator was green, no white or brown.Why would it stay right on the edge of overheating like that and have the air temp go back and forth. It seemed like the air was real cold the way it would when you overheat, and then it would seem like it wanted to warm up but couldnt. What is going on? The car seems to be possessed!!! Thanks- Dan

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a brand new 160 tstat and the heater core is new as of last summer. the gauge is correct i think because when it goes way up there is no heat out of the vents. Any more ideas?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts