Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hold on, you call THAT a wing? :confused: :confused: Um, I think I would just buy a wingless model if i were gonna fork out the cash for one of those.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Wickedslobra said:
Hold on, you call THAT a wing? :confused: :confused: Um, I think I would just buy a wingless model if i were gonna fork out the cash for one of those.
I'm not positive, but I think the wing is standard, so you don't have to fork any extra cash for it. :)

·
Registered
579 Posts
There's a delete option for the wing so you can save some money by not getting that nasty thing. But OMG, I am seriously in love with that color!

EDIT: My bad. You can delete the wing but it won't save you any money.

·
Registered
143 Posts
How much does that fugly thing cost?:blam: :blam:

·
Registered
74 Posts
The wing

Actually the wing costs nothing extra, it is standard. If you do delete it, as I did, there is no difference in price. Meaning the car is no cheaper. If your planning on taking it off, better order it without it. Good luck getting all the third brake light stuff set back up in it a standard lid. I'm ordering it without and adding the Cobra R wing to it. That way the third light is already in its usual location.

·
US Air Force Active Duty
252 Posts
Yeah, that wing must be an aquired taste.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Well since everyone is *****ing about the belt cover and wing, I just want to say I like them both. What I don't like is the air filter assembly. It needs a power pipe. Ford should have included it. That would be good for a few more horses and looked better than the stock assembly. But as some one else said, I really do like that blue. BTW is that a Viper next to it? Seems to be the same color blue. The cobra may be just a tad darker blue.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I ordered mine with the wing as I think it looks OK. I might delete it now as I have seen a decent shot of one. I ordered the sonic blue with Chrome wheels so I have to wait anyway. What other options out there with the wing?

Regards,

·
Registered
579 Posts
Fast Eddie 2k1 GT said:
What I don't like is the air filter assembly. It needs a power pipe. Ford should have included it.
Are you kidding me? The airfilter and intake tube on the '03 is by far the best one Ford has put in a modular Mustang. They angled the MAF up so they could get rid of the ridiculous 90 deg. bend all the previous tubes have. I see minimal or no gains from an aftermarket intake tube on the '03 Cobra. That is until you up the boost and require something with a larger diameter.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yeah, I agree, the color is awesome. But, I have another question about the car; is that an active hood? Does it really extract heat? Or is it just another usual Ford POS looks only hood that serves no purpose at all? I would hope it is active!

-Clinton

·
Registered
568 Posts
Nate Johnson said:
I think the belt guard for the blower looks awful, but I'd still love to have an '03.
But you can put a smaller pulley on it and no one would have a clue :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
Wickedslobra

That is a functional heat extractor! YEA!! :joy:

Slowbra281

I hear that the cover will have some kind of something on it so that the dealers will know if it has been removed. Not sure if that is real as it is only internet hear say so don't flame me.

I really love the color, Can't wait on October! Everytime I read something I start asking myself if I really need chrome wheels?

Regards,

·
Registered
579 Posts
jpetre said:
Everytime I read something I start asking myself if I really need chrome wheels?
The machined rims are freakin' gorgeous and I would prefer them over the higher maintenance chrome wheels. I don't think I'll ever get chrome rims again, PITA. I would NOT let that get in the way of receiving my car car earlier.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts