Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am setting up my Renegade Novi 2000 on my sn-95 (driver's side mount), and I am using the Vortech Mondo blow off valve. I have a stand alone DFI system. What are you guys using for a filter on the mondo valve? Any suggestions are appreciated (part numbers too!). Thanks...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At some point, couldn't it suck something into it, as it is not going to be tied into the air intake side of the blower. It will discharge into open air because of the speed density system. Shouldn't the opening be covered?

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
No it can't suck something into it. When it's open, during non boost times there will be a ton of air flowing out of it and under boost times it is closed. When the engine is not running it is also closed. Not to worry, nothing will nest in it ;).

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
John,
I have to tell ya, I love your silver coupe. I read the article a couple of times. What a sleeper! Great car, and thanks for the comments. Ken

·
Registered
241 Posts
I guess if you really wanted to you could steal some of your girls black pantyhose and put it over the opening!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
i have seen it done on turbo cars. you will need a 2" opening on the air filter.

only see a point to this if you are invovled in off-road racing where dust is an issue.

·
Registered
366 Posts
nate79 said:
i have seen it done on turbo cars. you will need a 2" opening on the air filter.

only see a point to this if you are invovled in off-road racing where dust is an issue.
Who knows of how to tune this Mondo BOV?????:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
273 Posts
I left mine at the as delivered setting and haven't had any problems. It really doesn't need a filter as long as it's operating properly.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the replies. The first look at it I was worried about the opening, but after mocking up the system, I see it is only for escaping air, not intake. Thanks again...

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hold on a minute, now you've gone to a Novi??? What happened to staying N/A:confused: Are you still running your 347? you go through setups like I go through MGD's:cool: I'd like to come see the car sometime if it's ok with you. Good luck, Mike.

·
Registered
366 Posts
BigDumbRedneck said:
I left mine at the as delivered setting and haven't had any problems. It really doesn't need a filter as long as it's operating properly.
This is what i shoul do normaly, but i bought it used. I works when disconnect de retun pipe to inlet pipe of the supercharger, but does it work perfectly? How many treads do you have outside the lockin nut????

tanx

1 - 14 of 14 Posts