Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has 2000 gt with an exhaust done. Well we are going to the track on test and tune night and i need to get something else done before we go so i can beat him. You can see in my sig what i have done so far. My question is from the factory what is the biggest drawback in our cars. Some say it is the intake and that the gt's come with good heads. What mod should i get to make sure i win? Are our heads and cam really good?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
well, first off, our stock heads aren't the greatest.. they can get worked over and make some good power, but i feel they aren't worth it.

yea, heads/cam/intake would get you some GREAT results.'

honestly, some headers might get a few more HP to take him.. or headers/intake/tb/cai i'm sure would make a close race (him behind you of course), as long as you can drive.

·
Registered
59 Posts
just handed a 2000 gt his head yesterday from a even up 30 mph roll with 2 people in my car. outran a new gt with the dealership paper in the window and no plates on the car yet rom a dead stop, with only gears, cai, flowmasters welded up in stock locations, short throw ****er, and oh yea 100 shot of Nitrous. just a idea:lol: :evil:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hehe, gotta love nitrous. Even a 75 shot will rock those new GTs :D . I love it when my friend with nittos on his 99GT gets a good 1-1/2 cars on me off the line then I just roll past him waving when I hit the juice.

·
Registered
713 Posts
The entire top end on a stock 5.0 is crap. The heads don't flow, the intake don't take in anything, and the headers might as well be plugs.

Swap out the following, and you will be rockin

MAF
TB
Intake
Heads
Cam
RR
headers
tune

you will be moving. Its a shame we have to do all these mods just to have a decently timed car.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What company would you recommend for the Heads, cam and intake. Would you recommend the Holley Systemax or something else? What about the MAF?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts