Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I got a few questions regarding doing some modifications to my 1997 Mustang Gt 5spd.

These are the Modifications I currently have:
Steeda Tri-ax Shifter
Steeda Underdrive Pullies

These are some other modifications I intend on doing by spring:
Steeda Timing-Adjuster
3.73 Ford Motorsport Gears
Magnaflow Catted X-pipe
Magnaflow Catback

Farther on down the road I am also planning on doing the headswap to the 99+ heads.

Now do you think this would be a good plan to go for a daily driver car that I intend on keeping N/A for a while? And also what other modifications would you recommend such as suspension, tires, etc...? For this car setup I plan on driving it at the drag strip every now and then, and driving it as my daily driver so I want something that will be steetable. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Mike

·
Registered
639 Posts
Parts

The parts you have described are pretty standard aftermarket equipment. All are very sound, and I don't think anybody can tell ya you're making a mistake.

You're going to love the sound of the MagnaFlow system. Well actually the people you travel by are gonna' love the sound.

The suspension parts I have installed on my car are really more for handling and there may be alternative choices better suited to the strip if that is the direction you want to take the suspension to. Others may offer a better opinion on the subject.

However, all 'Stangs can benefit from full length subframe connectors. I chose Global West ( www.globalwest.net ) I prefer the tubular over the rectangular any day of the week. Also the I got the subs with the 4-tube rocker rail support.

The Mustang is notorious for nose diving and weak brakes. I would start there, as a daily driver can benefit most from addressing those issues. Then, I would look at improving the Mustang rear end suspension.

My order of preference is
Driver improvement (actual seat time and/or driving schools, forums, reading etc..)
Sub frame connectors
Brakes
Tires
Suspension (springs & dampers, then start with the other parts such as control arms etc...)

Hop

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Hoppy for replying to my post.
Yes I am intending on addressing the suspension soon. Than I will work on improving the brakes. Though at the moment I do plan on putting a few bolts on and exhaust than I will get some subframes installed to help stiffen up the car a bit. If you got any other suggestions just let me know, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Mike

·
Registered
693 Posts
soundz like you've got a great plan. I'm a gear man myself, and they are actually the 3rd mod i did, and i feltthey shoulda came first. Initially, I did 3.73's, but after the PI headswap, I went to 4.10's.....i would've like to have gone 4.30s, and ay still do so. Anyway, if you feel you drag race(or street) put some 4.10's in now, and then when the extra breathing potential of the new heads arrive, you won't swap gears again. best of luck to you with your car, I hope you run into few problems, if any at all!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts