Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im kinda stuck between the MM Start Box suspension kit and the Saleen Racecraft Suspension kit of my 94 GT. It look like the Saleen offers more parts that the MM (like the Bilstein quad shocks, etc.) just for like $10 more. Any of you have experience with any of the suspension kits? Also, anyone knows of a reputable shop in Southern Cali that would install this for me? Gracias :)

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Saleen quality and customer service leave a lot to be desired, besides the fact that all of their equipment is made by other companies with Saleen slapped on it. Post this in the suspension section and you'll get a good education on why the Saleen stuff is a waste of money. Personally, I'd go with the MM suspension package. Reliable, proven and inexpensive.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I've pretty much got the full Maximum Motorsports suspension, no experience with the Saleen stuff. The MM stuff is very nice and unusually high quality. Excellent customer service as well. I highly recommend MM equipment!

Mike

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet. MM it is then. I wouldn't trust any shop installing this type of equipment. What shops do best with suspension installation?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Musti94 said:
Sweet. MM it is then. I wouldn't trust any shop installing this type of equipment. What shops do best with suspension installation?
My guess would be shops that work on actual race cars. Not just drag, but circle track or those in which suspension is critical.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I'd have to agree with Nihilation. I would'n't just take it anywhere. That was my big debate, so I ended up installing it all myself. MM has extremely thorough instructions with each part, I figured that I was probably better off following their instructions and doing it myself rather than just take it to any shop which would probably discard the instructions and just slap the parts on. Lets put it this way, I didn't even know what control arms looked like, but I was able to install everything including my K-member by following the MM instructions to the letter.

Mike

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Blue95GT said:
I'd have to agree with Nihilation. I would'n't just take it anywhere. That was my big debate, so I ended up installing it all myself. MM has extremely thorough instructions with each part, I figured that I was probably better off following their instructions and doing it myself rather than just take it to any shop which would probably discard the instructions and just slap the parts on. Lets put it this way, I didn't even know what control arms looked like, but I was able to install everything including my K-member by following the MM instructions to the letter.

Mike

Mike,
How long did it take you to completely finish your installation?

·
Registered
653 Posts
That's kind of a tough question. It took me and my brother a day or two to do the rear suspension (shocks, coilovers, lower control arms, panhard bar). The front I did by myself and it took me about 2 weeks because I was doing it a few hours at a time in the evenings after work. Of course we are talking shocks, coilovers, caster/camber plates, steering shaft offset bushings, control arms, polyurethane bushings, K-member, adjustable tie rod ends, and new end links. For me, the toughest part about doing the front (on my slanted driveway) was getting my car jacked up and level. I forget, what parts are included in the starter box.

Mike

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
MM for SURE. I have their full coil over kit, panhard bar, torque arm, and this thing handles like a dream. Got it all from FourValve Performance. Email him, [email protected], great prices.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haze187 said:
MM for SURE. I have their full coil over kit, panhard bar, torque arm, and this thing handles like a dream. Got it all from FourValve Performance. Email him, [email protected], great prices.
THanks man, i will email him right now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts