Ford Mustang Forums banner

MM Panhard bar Question

515 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  J Persons 
#1 ·
I'm planning on using the MM panhard bar, along with a Griggs torque arm on my TBird, but I'm concerned about the durability of the aluminum bar that comes with the MM kit. Has anyone had any problems with the aluminum bar? I plan on deleting the UCA's. TIA

#2 ·
There should be no problem. One of the advantages of aluminum is that in a crash/accident/etc the aluminum will give instead of your frame. That is one of the design parameters with the unit

#3 ·
Aluminum is actually stiffer than steel, so I would think it a better choice since it would have a greater resistance to bucking and compression.

I would use a full rear suspension from either company. Mixing and matching components probably isn't a good idea since they weren't designed to work together.

#4 ·
FiveOJester said:

I would use a full rear suspension from either company. Mixing and matching components probably isn't a good idea since they weren't designed to work together.
Well, I prefer the design of the MM panhard bar, it's longer and attaches at the shock mount. The Griggs bar attaches at the center section, using the cover bolts. As for the torque arm, MM doesn't make one for the TBird chassis, and Griggs does.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.