Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which should i get the stock or offset geometry? Also which bushings? Deralin or Urathene? What is the handeling difference between the too? What modifications do i have to make to the fender well for the offset geometry to fit a 275/35 or 40/18 tire in there?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would go with the offset geometry. The urethane bushings are going to soak up some of the road noise for a better ride but they will deflect under heavy load which makes the geometry change how much I am not sure with the MM k member. The delrin bushing won't deflect under heavy load but the ride can be more then some people can take on a daily driver. I am not sure what year car you have but I had to flare out the fenders to get my 92lx with 275/40 17. I have a friend that is running the MM k member in his 03 cobra and he didn't have to modify the fenders with 275/35 18.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you have a sn95 or above There is no need for flaring. With the forward offset your tire might rub the front bumper a little. If theis is just a street car I would go with the standard offset. Racing I would go with the forward.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 2002 Gt Vert i already have the torque arm panhard bar and rear coilovers with FSC's bilsteins shocks. The rear grip is amazing compared to stock and i am still running the stock tires! I have the AFS 03 cobra's going on soon still have to decided on a set of tires the rear is 10.5 on each side! I wonder what that is going to do to my rear grip then! I want the ulimate and highway suspension! mayby a track day here and there? but want to carve every corner like a hot knife through butter! with 275/35/18 decided to go with urathane bushings but what kind of improvement would i see on the street with the offset geometry! and pictures of cars with the forward offset please post them

·
Registered
14 Posts
$aleen said:
I have a 2002 Gt Vert i already have the torque arm panhard bar and rear coilovers with FSC's bilsteins shocks. The rear grip is amazing compared to stock and i am still running the stock tires! I have the AFS 03 cobra's going on soon still have to decided on a set of tires the rear is 10.5 on each side! I wonder what that is going to do to my rear grip then! I want the ulimate and highway suspension! mayby a track day here and there? but want to carve every corner like a hot knife through butter! with 275/35/18 decided to go with urathane bushings but what kind of improvement would i see on the street with the offset geometry! and pictures of cars with the forward offset please post them
I want to know too!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts