Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a complete dunce when it comes to sound systems and I had my husband connecting everything. I will try to explain the current setup and the problem as best as I can.

I have a 2002 GT, premium package with the Mach sound system. 460, I think. 10" subs did NOT come with it. 6-disc CD changer.

We removed the disc changer and added a JVC head unti that is connected through a wiring harness. The JVC has a built-in 45w amp according to the store, but the box says, "MOS-FET 50w x 4 (20w RMS x 4)." I have an Explod 1100w 10" sub in a Competition Bandpass fiberglass box (barely fits in the ftunk due to height), a 1-channel 800w Explod amp that came attached to the sub (not currently connected), a 2-channel 1000w Insignia amp, and its all wired with Monster cables. Yes, it is a cheap system but I'm trying to get started with the money I have. Please don't suggest I buy "a new *this* or *that*" because I want to work with what I have.

Sound is not the problem since I get sound to the stock speakers. We ran the power cable straight from the battery to the Insignia amp and we're getting no power at all to the amp. We know it works because we thought the Explod amp didn't work and took the Insignia out of another vehicle to test it. The ground wire has been bolted directly to the bare metal body (sanded the paint off) under the carpet. I'm sure the sub works, but we're just not getting power to the amp. Tried cleaning battery terminals, cutting the power cable and stripping it thinking we had a bad connection and still no power! Please help!!!

·
Registered
928 Posts
use a test light to see if u have power or not that is were i would start if u have a fuse block on it check both sides

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
You didnt mention the amp turn on lead...is it connected to the head unit?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As Carlos Mencia says, "Dee-dee-dee!" >:p ugh... It was the remote wire. I ripped apart my dash again and pulled the head unit out. Lo' and behold! There was this little blue wire with a huge blue tag on it that said, "REMOTE WIRE." duuuuh. Got it fixed. Thanks for your responses.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I had a feeling thats what it was. Glad we could be of service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts