1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
91, 5.0 with a 2019-2020 PRO-M EFI system
calibration file is v8.0

Hi ,
I am to the point in the first start up instructions where I am setting base timing by cranking the engine with the injectors disabled
The instructions say clearly with a picture , to disable the injectors by going to the calibration file under:

-Fuel
Cranking
>crank_fuel_mode
>> then change the setting in crank_fuel_mode , from lambda to disable
Problem:
The calibration field crank_fuel_mode is missing. Any idea how to make the field show up to disable the injectors ?
What am I not doing first? :)

thanks for any help
Geoff

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The initial start-up instructions for 'roughing in timing' for conventional distributor and crank trigger , both include a section about disabling injectors via the software. The request to disable injectors is in several sections for testing or configuring, same procedure.

I sent an email to PRO-M , the response was same day and asked for some more information . Pro-M sent me a possible solution for the problem the next day. I will try it after working tonight.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Is that injector disable feature only if your have the crank trigger? I noticed I’m missing it as well.
The feature is now available regardless if you have the crank trigger or not. The idea for it came about for ease in crank trigger installation (some intakes make unplugging 5-8 nearly impossible without intake removal) but it could be used in any other scenario where it might come in handy for anyone.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Everything works , its looks like a newer calibration file version was the key.
Now on to the timing, base idle , and low slope adjustment.

thanks John... and Chris @PRO_M

1 - 15 of 15 Posts