Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bro's

Droppin a slightly used engine into my 94GT within the next few days. Anyway i got a hold of a used GT-40 tubular intake and I didn't realize at the time i bought it you can't just bolt that on and go. You need to get a FRPP 65mm TB and an inlet adapter as well. Can anyone tell me is there somewhere miscellaneous gaskets for the TB and inlet adapter could be purchased from? Also, i got a phenolic spacer to add some clearance to the intake and noe won't i need two gaskets for where the intake connects to the top of the engien due to the spacer? Or will the liquid gasket stuff work just fine on the parts?

TIA
Mikey

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Gaskets

I did my intake almost a month ago. If you purchase the elbow new (I suggest) it comes with new hardware and gaskets. I got mine from ebay for 86 bucks. Try there. Also, with the new TB, new hardware and gaskets are present. Do not just use gasket maker. Also, what size spacer did you get? I have a 1/2 and The front part of the intake rubs with my hood blanket. PITA!!!:mad:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
TB and vacuum lines

Also, any TB will do. I mean, you can purchase other TB's besides the FRPP one. You do not have to get the FRPP 65mm. Furthermore, get ready to reroute your vacuum lines. That is a pain too. If you need any help email me at [email protected]. It takes a lot of explaining... good luck:D

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
You absolutely do not have to reroute vac lines if you buy a trick flow elbow(I know for sure) or the edelbrock(I think)..these have the hole for the vac tree to screw in. I do know the SVO elbow or the MAC dont have the threaded hole for the vac tree. For these two you will have to reroute...PIA. I would spend the extra money for the trick flow or edelbrock(if they are more expensive)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
misc gaskets

Thanks for the replies!
Yeah thats the thing about the parts i got, i got good deals on all of them the inlet adapter/elbow, the FRPP 65mm TB, GT-40 intake and 1/2 spacer but they were all used to some degree and i only got one gasket, i think it's for one side of the throttle body.
Brian95GT, yeah i have heard that and one guy i talked with said he had removed his hood blanket and it then fit fine. Thanks for the offer of some help, i might hit you up when i get there
And i hear you guys about the vacuum lines, i hear that can be one of the most PITA things about an engine swap. WE'll see should be starting later today! WOOHOO

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
This link is for installing a Cobra intake. But they are pretty much the same (lower is identical). This page helped me out A LOT when I installed my Cobra intake. Check it out. I suggest printing it and keeping it handy during the install, and when you go shopping for supplies.

Here:
http://www.corral.net/projects/sidewinder/95svoint.html

·
Registered
604 Posts
The shops kept trying to give me the wrong damn tb gasket so I just cut out my own. A big sheet is less than $2.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts