Ford Mustang Forums banner

mint 99 cobra for cheap/trades considered

551 views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  White SHO 
#1 ·
My 99 Cobra is for sale still. It has 42,000 miles on it, and is immaculate. I have posted pictures at the following site:

http://community.webshots.com/topic...611_views_0.htm

Do a member search for 'FINL42' and you will see my 99 Cobra pics.

I will accept some cool trades. Let's see what you have...can't do anything straight up, it'd have to have some cash involved! 89-93 5.0's, or anything newer, let's just see what you have! I want something that will help pay my loan off!

Car is immaculate! It is waxed atleast twice a month, and I keep plastic floor mats on top of the carpeted ones. No dents whatsoever...immaculate condition! Needs nothing!

Mods are as follows:

4.10 gear, and subframe connectors. Car also has an 01' motor in it. I have the $9000 receipt to prove it...and it still averages 21mpg with the 4.10 gear.

$16,700

I am located in Florida.

If you are interested please email me at FINL42@EARTHLINK.NET

See less See more
#4 ·
Would consider trades + cash for
89-93 5.0's (I especially like the 93 Cobras)
and any other year Cobra...

tell me what you've got! I'd like to sell the car outright but will work with trades if they're good!

#10 ·
hello there budy,

nice car.. Looks pretty sweet. I'm not to sure if i can aford that amt right now, but we'll see. I had a few questions for ya,

1st,
Why did you swap motors with a 01???
And do you still have the engine that was orginaly in it??

sorry, but i'm a number matching kind of guy...

And 2nd,
Where are you located??? just in case i'd have to plan a trip.

thanks bud get back to me,,

#11 ·
97greenstang -

As far as the motor goes...I was told the crank pulley on the original motor came loose, which caused the failure of the original motor. Ford wouldn't warranty it (as they try and get out of any warranty work like that ya know) because they said it had to have had underdrive pullies on it...as the story goes, a mechanic sees the loose crank pulley, phones up a executive in Detroit, and SHE says that they can't warranty that, even though she never saw it. Long story short, he paid to have a NEW 2001 motor put in it (NOT rebuilt). This included new AC lines, clutch, all accessories, EVERYTHING was new!

As far as having the original motor, no I do not. Does it matter? The way I saw it is this: I have basically a 2001 Cobra, with a new motor, new clutch, and all new parts.

I just figured numbers matching might be worth something in what...40 years? By then I figured the car would have 500,000 miles on it! I buy cars to drive them, not to sit them and worry about numbers matching. If you do, that's cool :)

As far as location, I am located in Florida right now. I'm staying with a friend for the summer. Come late July/early August though, I'm going to be back near Kansas City, MO. I will finish up school, and go and try to get a great job :)

The car is mint, and has no problems. I figured the 01' motor was really better based on the fact that no 'fix' was needed.

Do you have any more questions? Thanks for your inquiry. I could help on shipping, and maybe even drop it off on the way home if I could figure out a way to get the rest of the way home.

Thanks a lot!

Joel

#17 ·
Matt-

I think you offered your car earlier...I'm going to have to pass on your trade, I just can't get enough cash.

Honestly, I'd like to sell it outright at this point. I want my equity I have in the car to do other things. Mainly ROTH IRA, and buying some lake property (I know I know, boring)

$16,600

Thanks for your interest Matt! I'd have to have around $6,000 cash though, which I'm sure makes you uninterested :)

#18 ·
Joel, I believe we spoke on the internet not too long ago. You IMed me at "Mustang GT AOD" on AOL's messanger service. Anyhow, I was interested in your car but didn't have the cash. I didn't know that you might be interested in a trade for a 5.0. I have a '91 LX, 69k original miles, twilight blue exterior with grey cloth interior, automatic. Tranny was rebuilt at 25k miles. The car is really clean inside and out, always garage kept and washed. Only mods are pulleys, 3.73's, flowmasters, subframes, aluminum driveshaft, shift kit, and a small converter.

If that's something you might be interested in trading for let me know. I can get ya pictures of anything you'd need. Just to let you know though the tranny does shift kinda rough on the 2-3 shift. It has always done that since I've owned the car, but I have no clue how long the tranny might last. I have daily driven the car for the past 3 or 4 months and other than the annoyance of the harsh shift it has not gotten any worse. Let me know what you're thinking...

mustanggtaod@aol.com

- Derek

#20 ·
I have a 91' coupe with a 347 stroker and a 2-speed glide transbrake/5400 stall...lots of other goodies.

More than 16,600 invested.....I'd maybe go straight up,it might be a bit much for you though....but if your interested you could turn the timing down and run 100 octane on the street.

let me know..Drew.

#21 ·
Drew -

I need something a little more streetable, but thanks for your interest. I also am really looking to sell outright unless someone has something that is perfect for my situation...thank you for the interest though!

Joel

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.