Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
U.S. Air Force RETIRED
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1998 Ford Ranger XLT supercab 4x4...now for the good stuff

4.0 liter, Eaton Style BBK supercharger, 30# injectors, Pro-M 75mm air meter, BBK cold air induction, custom comp cam that mirrors F-cam specs, ported heads and 1.6 roller rockers, BBK headers, custom dual exhaust, SPEC stage II clutch, 3.73 gears with traction lok out of a t-bird turbo coupe.

truck is green with tan cloth interior, step- side bed, diamond plate tool-box, bedliner, step rails, optional chrome 16" wheels.

pillar gauge pod with boost and fuel pressure

this truck puts out 400+ hp easily

over 10k in mods

buy it for $8,000

truck is ready to go, and had brand new tires
E-mail [email protected] for pics

·
U.S. Air Force RETIRED
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
truck just turned 60k...bottom end is stock but I believe they came with forged pistons but not to sure, I am posting for a friend

also comes with a MSD DIS-4, and a new flywheel, and wiring harness from a 95 V-6 mustang

on the dyno the truck put down 420+ to the wheels, hooked up and tuned by Mike Freedman on a laptop, a custom chip would have to be done to keep it at that power level, hence the mustang wiring harness

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
this truck is definately worth the money..it has a ton of time and money in it...to hear it drive by you would swear it was a 5.0..

it was taken to the track once and if i remember right it went low 14's with serious traction problems,but the MPH was about 100mph

**Matt--i believe it has a Pro-M meter,not a C+L;) **

get some pics on here,i don't think i have any..i'll check though

laters

·
U.S. Air Force RETIRED
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
maybe it is a Pro-M I forgot to ask Jeremy earlier

will have pics tomorrow if it is nice

·
U.S. Air Force RETIRED
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
exterior pic...front tire is flat, will be fixed this week

·
U.S. Air Force RETIRED
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
here is a shot where you can see the gauge pod...will get engine and interior shots tonite

·
Registered
19 Posts
this doesnt make sense. what are the actual dyno numbers? and 14.0 @ 100mph....that is not anywhere near the MPH a 420+hp truck should do. i'd like to see a dyno graph, and some time slips. and some engine pictures.

·
U.S. Air Force RETIRED
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Please read the full ad before you throw in your comments...the ad clearly states that on the dyno the truck put the numbers down, it doesn't run that much on the street due to the fact that there wasn't a chip available for the ranger ECU at that time, so it was tuned on the dyno to make that power via a laptop.
it also states that in ran those numbers with severe traction problems on the stock ECU, and its a 4 wheel drive, heavy *ss pick-up, not a mustang!!

·
U.S. Air Force RETIRED
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can talk to him about it, but highly doubtful...he has an 03 Lightning he wants to mod

·
U.S. Air Force RETIRED
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
still for sale

·
U.S. Air Force RETIRED
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
serious only please

·
U.S. Air Force RETIRED
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
accepting reasonable offers

·
U.S. Air Force RETIRED
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
still for sale...he is getting anxious
spring is around the corner and he wants to put a KB blower on his 03 Lightning

make a reasonable offer...title in hand!!!!

·
U.S. Air Force RETIRED
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
price reduced!!
e-mail for price!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts