Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Formerly BLOWN1989SALEEN
5,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im screwed:( my thermostat stuck on me and my car got up to 250 and like a dumb a$$ i drove home, check my oil....... milkshake. so tell me are my bearings done and what else needs done? what about my blower that got antifreeze tainted oil pumped through it? can i get away with just new HG's or dio i need complete rebuild?............this sux:(

·
Registered
368 Posts
Pull the heads. Have them checked and surfaced. Use new head bolts if you dont have studs. Change oil and hope it dont knock.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Most likely it will be fine. In my 90 LX I blew both head gaskets and melted some exhaust valves a couple years ago. During the roughly 50 mile drive home, I put about 5 gallons of coolant in it. When I pulled the oil drain plug, about two gallons of water poured out before any oil started coming out. Put new gaskets on it, flushed the oil system, and drove it for a little more than a year after that. Sprayed 175 ho somewhat regularly. My bearings were worn but still semi-useable when I rebuilt the engine last month. Replaced them anyway since it was apart.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts