Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put an off road h pipe and some dallas mustang mil eliminators on my 98 gt. My mil came on after about 30 miles so I disconnected the battery and cleared the light. It came back on after 20 miles so I had the codes check out. The codes are a 136, and a 156. I double checked the sensors to make sure they were in there tight enough. So what should be my next step to correct this problem. Also does anyone know if you can get a chip that tells the computer to not worry about the sensors or the cats, if so what is a good brand of chip to buy.

·
Administrator
1,712 Posts
Actually the rear sensors are catalyst efficiency sensors. They tell the computer whether or not the cats are working properly. You can get a chip programmed to turn off the rear sensors which should eliminate the problem.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I had the same problem... I took it back to the shop and I had a TINY exhaust leak. They had to use a stethascope(sp?) to find it, but my light hasn't been on now for about a year!

Mike

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeh, I was getting the SES light after putting on my O/R H pipe. Turned out I had an exhaust leak. Since I fixed it no more SES light, and no need for MIL's:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.