Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My MIL Eliminators ( from Dallas Mustang ) were reinstalled on my car after my trans was replaced. They are on securely, but my check engine light comes on and off, before the trans was redone I never had this problem. I did notice they hung the cables leading to the MIL's around something, but I can't get far enough under the car to see. Also I hooked up a diagoistic tester to the computer and it said Bank 2 O2 sensor. Has anyone else ever experianced this problem ?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had a problem like that. I ran my o/r h for a while without the mil eliminators and the diagnostic said the cats were malfunctioning. That was obvious cause there were none. Well when I did put the mil's on a new code came up. It said the o2 sensors where now malfunctioning. It turned out my car was running rich and I had burnt out the o2 sensors. After I replaced them the car was fine and the light hasn't come back on. Try disconnecting them and putting them back on first. Then if it light comes back on then your sensor need to be replaced. It only takes 5 minutes and they aren't horribly expensive. I picked up a pair on ebay for 50 bucks.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Bank 2 is the Drivers side. You need to be more specific with the trouble codes. Get the codes scanned again, and post the actual DTC #, not the descriptions. P0136 etc.. With the codes, there will be people here, including myself and Willie Norman who can help you troubleshoot the issue.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Make sure the driver side O2 is connected properly mine was not connected after I installed my H and the light came on. At first, I thought it was the MIL's had the codes ran at Dallas Mustang to figure out what the problems was....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually the code was P0136 that came up.

·
Registered
642 Posts
P0136 is Pass. Side Rear o2 sensor.

1. Exhaust Leak
2. Bad O2 sensor
3. Bad MIL Eliminator

If you have no exhaust leaks, make sure your MIL Eliminator is snapped in tight. If it is, get a warranty unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts