Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna get new rear tires soon. Right now I'm on Riken Raptor 275/40/17 all around on '02 cobra wheels. I'm thinking about getting the Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial 295//45/17 and just keeping the Raptors for the fronts. I don't think going that big will be a problem but does anyone think I'll need to roll the fenders? The tires on the rear now have almost no buldge, the side wall is completely vertical, they fit great but i want a little bigger. They should fit fine on those rims right?

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
'02 Cobra wheels? What size are they? I am running a M/T DR[295/50/17] on a 10" wide and rolled the fenders, massaged inner and removed the quads. I have had a couple of instances of slight rubbing at minimum flex

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
17x9 wheels. I'm thinking about roling the fenders anyways cuz the beast is going in for paint in a few weeks (long story) so I won't even have to worry about cracking paint. I'm thinking that might just solve it right there cuz I'm thinking about a 40 sidewall since the tire is wider the sidewall will probably be about the same as it is now, which is perfect. I just don't wanna get rid of my quads for the reason their there. Do you have any problems without the quads with wheel hop or anything?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts