Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
I know lot's of people that do. They are basically slicks with a few wavy lines cut into them for the minimum tread required by the DOT. They hook like mad, and drive ok with enough air, but I wouldn't put them on a daily driver or anything that might see any sort of moisture on the roads at all.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I use em everyday

They are great as lond as it doesn't rain..not worth a crap on a damp street.They don't wear well either.

·
Registered
745 Posts
how are they on trips? I am running et streets this year but not sure if i will be able to take the car back home this summer when i go and visit. (3 hours).

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I run my ET Streets on the street sometimes.
22psi gives even treadwear.
they are lasting longer than my BFG dr's did.
they hook better than my BFG dr's did, both on the track and on the street.
they do not sway around.
they are not unstable, they are totally predictable.
they do like to follow irregularities in the road surface. if you pay attention to the road, the tires will never suprise you. if you just sit there and steer, talk on the phone drink coffee and smoke, you deserve to be in the ditch.
In the rain they are like driving on ice! definately get off the highway if it starts to drizzel, and be real easy on the loud pedal around town... it's very easy to swap ends in the rain.
if you've never driven in extreme ice and snow, you should consider these tires very dangerous in damp/wet conditions, if you've driven in ice and snow from time to time, here and there, you should still consider these tires very dangerous in damp/wet conditions, if you are an experienced ice/snow driver, well, you know what I'm talking about then, enough said... be careful.
I like my ET Streets on the street for playing, but, I like my radials better for daily commuting and spirited cornering.
I bet the ET Streets puncture easy too... but I don't know...

·
Registered
957 Posts
My swayed around alot. Even at the top end of the track. Pretty bad on the 30 mile trip to the track at 70mph. I heard it was because of the bias ply fighting the front radial tire.

Joe

·
Registered
4 Posts
surprizingly, during a recent slush storm, my Nitto 275 DRs did pretty well on my 300rwhp car. Even thought it's got 80% tread, they were pretty skimpy new (6/10"). I thought I was dead when the storm caught me at work with about 1" of slush. I can't imagine ET streets in the rain or the how fast they will wear out.

But if that guy said that his ETs lasted longer than the BFG dragradials, then man, i may try on a pair next time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts