Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about putting water/meth inj. on my Cummins and everyone said that it increases the chance of head gasket failure a ton due to increased cylinder pressure and it is my DD so I didn't want to risk it. Does water/meth increase cylinder pressure that much on a combo like the one in my sig? Would it make me more likely to loose head gaskets? How would it benefit my combo?

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
I don't know why anyone would say that increases the chances for a blown HG other that you get to greddy with the tune. I would contact someone that works with diesels and ask them.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know why anyone would say that increases the chances for a blown HG other that you get to greddy with the tune. I would contact someone that works with diesels and ask them.
I am not worried about the cummins anymore I was just curious if it had the same effects on my mustang that is in my signature.

·
Registered
145 Posts
If you GAG the cylinder with all that extra water you might. But as usual if you put a fine mist it will lower intake charge and increase efficiency.

It actually works this way....
water = increase in cylinder pressures and cooling effect
Methanol = VERY drastic cooling effect and its a fuel....

So a mix of both help. You just need to tune it to use it. I use mine to keep my engine from killing itself (lower intake charge and fuel).

Anyways good luck
-bix

1 - 4 of 4 Posts