Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 mustang hci car. I recently put a MegaSquirtPNP in the car and I’m having trouble getting started. I’m trying to get the car idling so I can set timing to match with the megasquirt and that’s about as far as I’ve gotten it somewhat idles when it’s warm for a few seconds and then starts to surge and die and when it’s cold it doesn’t want to idle at all. If anybody can help me I’d appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Set the MS for 30 degrees Fixed Timing in Fixed Advance tab in Ignition Options.. Also, go into AFR/EGP Control and set Active Above Coolant to 0 degrees. Then go to Auto Tune advance tab and set the Filters to 18 for Minimum Fuel Load and Minimum Coolant to 0. This way the AFR's will start tuning as soon as the O2 sensors come on.

Last thing, go into Closed Loop Idle Settings and set Idle Valve Minimum Duty to like 60%. This should be plenty of air to keep it running. You'll need to tune ALL of this, but it should start for you now..

·
Registered
881 Posts
Different approach.... set your timing wizard fixed at 14 degrees. Make sure you can idle there.

Disable your IACV and use your throttle stop (for now)

lock out your idle cells and adjust until your AFR is in line at idle.

You may need to add to WUE to get up to temp.

The reason is to eliminate as many things as possible. Focus on AFR spark and fuel.

Add things back in slowly as you learn to tune your car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.