Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my fuel pressure guage installed. What a PITA. Thought I was getting away with something by going with the mechanical gauge. Wrong!!!! First, got the ordered the gauge. Came in, no lines included. Got it on the "homey hook-up", so I couldn't return it. Got some hints here, and ordered the FP Isolator (PN5282), no "homey hookup" here. That came in, and the connector on the fuel side wasn't right. Not wanting to go through the hassle of Summit again (living out of a hotel with no mail services for guests), started hitting speed shops in town to get the fitting adapters. JBA had the adapter to go into the fuel rail, nothing else. Went to a few more, all with no luck. Finally, went to a hydraulic hose shop, and they had the right connectors, just had to use 4 adapters to go from a 1/8 NPT to a 4AN fitting. Now the thing works!!!! I feel I've been a victim of "catalog woes". No tech articles explaining what might be needed to go into certain makes, no literature explaining what will and what won't work. Had I known what worked, and how much I'ld be spending on the one gauge, I would have just gone electrical. Guess next time I'm unsure, I'll do a search on here first (dumb me didn't do that).
Also, I'm not that happy with the fitment of the gauge in the pod, as the pressure line makes it so that it won't go in all the way (A pillar pod). Oh well, I'll have pics tomorrow of the set-up so all can feel my pain!!!!!

First :confused: then :mad: then :livid: and :crying: then :blam: And now that it's finally working::king:

·
US Air Force Active Duty
2,423 Posts
Thanks for the info. I've got my fingers crossed, as I'm about to order the same thing. I guess you answered my 'would be' question about mounting the mechanical FP gauge inside--I just hope I don't burn my car down.

Did you get the full pillar pod? How does it fit other than sticking out?

Wow, it must be a long drive from San Diego to P-cola to Auto-X! How long ya been in SD?

-Pat

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you order the gauge, get everything you need to go with it. I.E. FP Isolator, and all fittings. The full-pillar pod fits great. No rattles, nothing jumping around, and you can't see the stock trim piece under it. Get the autometer pod!!! If you want to wait 'til next weekend to install the gauge I'll be back in Fla. and I can give you a hand.

·
US Air Force Active Duty
2,423 Posts
I'll do that (order everything). Sounds like it'd be much easier.

I'd take you up on the offer to help, but I probably won't be putting it in for about 2-3 weeks--at the same time as the nitrous.

-Pat

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll still be in Fla. then (til Oct). Aren't you the guy that would remove his spoiler at Holt?

Thomas

·
US Air Force Active Duty
2,423 Posts
No Control said:
I'll still be in Fla. then (til Oct). Aren't you the guy that would remove his spoiler at Holt?

Thomas
Ummmm, that's me... :idunno:

-Pat

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm the guy with the black 98 coupe who was always with the two OLD guys. One had a 'fro (Ron) and the other now has that red 71 drag car.:hammer:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.