Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a black '98 GT with the camel interior. Low and behold, my wife located one with 88,000 miles for $8,995.00. My wife put a down payment on it to hold it for me til I get back home from out of state pending my OK on it if I like it well enough to purchase. She says its straight as an arrow with no dings with the exception of a few scratches here and there (no biggy) plus the interior is mint. The big question is "What was the factory HP on this car"? My wife test drove it and said she liked the power that it had but it doesn't quite have the umph like my '86 Buick GN! :D The second question is that since it is bone stock from the air cleaner to tail pipes, "what are the best mods to wake this thing up a little"? I don't want to go too radical on this thing since I travel alot. I hope it is as nice as my wife described because I am picky and would like to drive it home next week. Thank you for any input and/or suggestions

·
Registered
76 Posts
They are rated at 225hp at the flywheel. First mods to do NMO are K&N filter, H-pipe, Subframe connectors, GEARS, If it is stick I would changing the shifter (I love my Tri-Ax), Timing adjuster, and pullies. However if you ever want any real power get some P.I. heads as well as intake manifold.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mustang98y said:
They are rated at 225hp at the flywheel. First mods to do NMO are K&N filter, H-pipe, Subframe connectors, GEARS, If it is stick I would changing the shifter (I love my Tri-Ax), Timing adjuster, and pullies. However if you ever want any real power get some P.I. heads as well as intake manifold.
Thanks for the info! I know the first thing I want is to replace the quite factory exhaust system with some rumble from some Flowmasters. Which brand H-pipe would you recomend. I just read through my Mustang mag and there are alot to choose from. Its an auto BTW!

·
Registered
847 Posts
bbk hpipe is good, i can vouch for the headswap.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a 97GT my best mods were:

3.73 gears, Prochamber and catback exhaust, Cold air intake w/pullies, Custom Diablo chip and some suspension work..i went from a 15.2-14.0 and 13.8 on slicks..

hope this helps

·
Registered
352 Posts
I really like the MAC Pro-Chamber and cat-back exhaust. Get some gears installed and it'll feel like a new car.

BTW, you are a lucky man to have a GN. Got any pictures?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pgans said:
BTW, you are a lucky man to have a GN. Got any pictures?
Thanks pgans! :) Here are a few pics of my GN after I rebuilt the front end and added 2" dropped spindles. Its a head turner and now its really turning heads with the new stance. Here are a few pics!

·
Registered
364 Posts
You must have it lowered first! Then Id get exhaust then Id get rims ..... and a chip will help with the tranny shifting. Good luck, hope it all works out for you!

·
Registered
352 Posts
:drool:

Love the new stance! Only thing is I love the factory rims but those look good also. Definetly makes the car stand out even more.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2stangman said:
You must have it lowered first! Then Id get exhaust then Id get rims ..... and a chip will help with the tranny shifting. Good luck, hope it all works out for you!
That makes sense on the lowering first, then tire fittment! Thanks :)

Thanks for the props pgans! :)

·
Registered
729 Posts
best bang for the buck is gears and a custom chip

·
Registered
54 Posts
Gears, x-pipe, K&N, synthetic oil

1 - 13 of 13 Posts