Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys. I'm an event announcer for a club tri-state gm. We are holding our 2nd annual American Iron Shootout down in Cecil County on May 17th. All American made cars are invited. NO IMPORTS.

For more information check out the website at:

www.americanironshootout.com

This is a charity event with cash and trophy prizes. There will be a burn out contest and a reaction time contest, as well as grudge matches. We have the track reserved all day long. If you get eliminated continue to race in the time trials.

Come and Enjoy the fun

Gene

2002 AIS I Champion.... :D come get me.

AMERICAN IRON SHOOTOUT 2 - MAY 17TH, 2003 - CECIL COUNTY DRAGWAY, MARYLAND

ADDMISSION - $35.00 TO RACE - $10.00 SPECTATORS - KIDS UNDER 14 FREE!!!

RACE CLASSES

DOMESTIC CARS ONLY!!!! (BODY AND POWER PLANT)

RADIAL CLASS 1 (13.99 OR FASTER) - .500 Sportsman Tree. Handicap Start. Vehicle MUST have a passenger seat. Backseat CAN be removed. Vehicles MUST have mufflers. Inserts are not considered mufflers. NO cutouts. Vehicle MUST pass NHRA tech inspection. NO delay boxes. Power adders are OK. Drag radials are OK. NO Slicks, NO QT Pro's, NO ET Streets and NO yellow walls allowed. You MUST dial in before entering the staging area. If your Dial in is not correct you MUST let the official know before you completely stage. If not, the set time will be your official dial in.

PAYOUT - $250.00 WINNER + TROPHY / $50.00 RUNNER-UP + TROPHY

RADIAL CLASS 2 (14.00 OR SLOWER) - .500 Sportsman Tree. Handicap Start. Vehicle MUST have a passenger seat. Backseat CAN be removed. Vehicles MUST have mufflers. Inserts are not considered mufflers. NO cutouts. Vehicle MUST pass NHRA tech inspection. NO delay boxes. Power adders are OK. Drag radials are OK. NO Slicks, NO QT Pro's, NO ET Streets and NO yellow walls allowed. You MUST dial in before entering the staging area. If your Dial in is not correct you MUST let the official know before you completely stage. If not, the set time will be your official dial in.

PAYOUT - $250.00 WINNER + TROPHY / $50.00 RUNNER-UP + TROPHY

OPEN COMP (9.00 CAP) - .500 Sportsman Tree. Handicap Start. Vehicle MUST pass NHRA tech inspection. NO delay boxes. Power adders are OK. ALL DOT approved tires allowed. Slicks are OK. 9.00 CAP STRICTLY ENFORCED! You MUST dial in before entering the staging area. If your Dial in is not correct you MUST let the official know before you completely stage. If not, the set time will be your official dial in.

PAYOUT - $500.00 WINNER + TROPHY / $150.00 RUNNER UP + TROPHY

SIX PACK NATIONALS - .500 Sportsman Tree. Handicap Start. Vehicle MUST have a passenger seat. Vehicle MUST be a V6. Inline 6 is OK. Backseat CAN be removed. Vehicles MUST have mufflers. Inserts are not considered mufflers. NO cutouts. Vehicle MUST pass NHRA tech inspection. NO delay boxes. Power adders are OK. ALL DOT approved tires allowed. Slicks are OK. You MUST dial in before entering the staging area. If your Dial in is not correct you MUST let the official know before you completely stage. If not, the set time will be your official dial in.

PAYOUT - TROPHY WINNER / TROPHY RUNNER-UP

QUICK 8 CHALLENGE - .400 Pro Tree. Heads Up. Vehicle MUST pass NHRA tech inspection. CECIL COUNTY QUICK 8 RULES WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED TO CREATE A LEVELED FIELD OF COMPETITION!

PAYOUT - $1500.00 WINNER TAKES ALL + TROPHY / TROPHY RUNNER UP

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Never ventured up to Cecil County. Do you have any idea how long of a drive it would be from Springfield, MA/Hartford, CT to the track?

Thanks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, i'm not sure where springfield is or how far, but if you know how long it takes you to get to ny/nj border I live in North jersey and it took me about 2 hours and 15 min. 140 miles. mapquest said from Hartford it's 4 hours. We made it an all weekend thing last year. Went down Fri. night had a party in the hotel rooms. Raced on Sat. Sat night hung out and partied some more, headed home on Sun.

Last year there were almost 200 cars and the limit is set at 250 this year so everyone has ample time to get a lot of runs in. Hope to see you there.

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Okay. Cool. I'll see if I can work it into the spring plans! Sounds like a lot of fun!

- Mark

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TTT, I hope you guys don't mind if I pull this up top every now and then. Last year it was dominated by mostly Grand Prix's and F-body's. We are trying to get a few more mustangs to come. This is only american muscle racing... NO IMPORTS

·
Registered
292 Posts
Where is cecil county? Can you gve me an address so i can look it up with mapquest?
Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cecil County Dragway
1916 Theodore Road
Rising Sun, MD 21911
Tel: (410) 287-5486 / (410) 879-1822

·
Registered
576 Posts
Last day of classes is the 16th. IF I can get he car togeather I should be able to score a trailer and truck for the weekend. Sounds like it would be fun. Maybe I could get a group and take a friends car carrier. Hmmmmm....

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Looks like we may have to reschedule our charity event for another day.

Sounds like a great time

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've been reading about this event on ls1.com

Post it on stangnet.com northeast forums. I'm sure they guys over there would be interested about this also. I was gonna start a thread myself but I guess its better if you do it. :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
What hotel would we stay in. The Crystal Inn is where we stayed at the Mod Motor Shootout last year. About 5 miles from the track......

·
Registered
13 Posts
The majority of the racers will be staying at the Knights Inn in Elkton. The Crystal Inn refuses to cut us a deal and insist to charge us close to 90 dollars per room.

We stood at the Knights Inn last year and booked over 20 rooms from them and it was 45 a night. It's not a 5 star resort but it did just fine for everyone.

Currently on the mailing list for AIS 2, we are taking orders for rooms at the Knights Inn. I will be traveling next weekend to MD to block the rooms. Once I have done so, you will have 2 weeks to confirm and book your room.

go to http://www.americanironshootout.com and click on the mailing list to make your request.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks.
Tony Guevara
Event Director

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I added a post on stangnet in the north east and mid atlantic area, but they aren't too responsive.... :( I really hope we get more of you stang guys to come out this year. It gets boring beating up my own kind... :)

LOL

just playing around.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just a reminder.... 2 1/2 months left

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I just wanted to take this opportunity to remind everyone that
we are only but 77 days away from AIS 2. Has everyone made their
plans yet??? lol

Here are a few things that I can report on..........

The number of registered racers is down from last year but I am
optimistic that come race day, the number will far exceed what we had
last year.

The hotel is set. Though it was painful for most, we should all have
a great time. Where's the party at???

The beautiful "Ladies of AIS" will be at CCD taking care of business.
Expect them to come around by everyone to pose for pictures, either
with you or on your car...........

The work force is building up... I am happy to annouce that Kristen
Howard will be directing the video production, Daniel Krier will be
handling the gate and finances, Andy Watson will be in charge of
secruity (protecting the lovely ladies), Surya Boonphadung will be in
charge of ensuring that the tech inspections are stricly enforced. If
anyone wants to volunteer to help out, please email me directly.

Unfortunately, the Burnout Contest has been canceled due to the
limited time schedule. The schedule for the event is packed with
excitement but we can not accomadate the Burnout contest. I am sorry.

If you haven't done so already, please spread the word around as much
as you can. The time is getting near and before you know it... the
time has come. So start preparing, AIS 2 is around the corner!!!!

Regards,
Tony Guevara
Event Director

·
Registered
669 Posts
I'll be there as long as my car is done by then .
BTW: Cecil county needs to stop serving there vomit producing hotdogs , my self and a few freinds have been victim to the food stand hotdogs , the burgers are ok .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts