Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to see opinions on the most power you think is achievable on 93 octane. I recently had my single turbo 347 dyno at 725 hp on 15lbs. Setup is described below. I'm curious if 800-900hp is possible setup correctly on a HYD roller street setup.

Big bore 347 9.35 Compression
205 11r heads
Max ported holley systemax 2 intake
Cg fab single turbo
precision 7675 gen 2 cea

My initial thoughts were to get a higher revving cam to spin to 7000 rpm and the best heads money can buy. Also The compression ratio debate.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
any IATs and EGTs data from when you made those numbers?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't remember them off hand, but neither of those were high enough for concern.

IATs were kept down with my intercooler performing well.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
As far as shear power I made 1601rwhp on 93 pump with a 572 gm big block at 18lbs turbo'd running an old eec ford computer.

725 on 15 lbs is pretty high. I would expect about 630. Sounds like dynojet numbers. i just did the math and coincidentally 725/1.15== 630 which is what that setup typical makes real world.

Your setup would take 29 lbs of boost on 93 to make an honest 900rwhp.

The most Ive ever pushed on 93 was 30lbs and it made the same power as it did at 20lbs with all the timing I had to take out of it to not detonate.

On E-85 you should make 900rwhp on 23lbs: Thats your best bet.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Is all E-85 The same some people say they have tested it and alot of pumps it rates alot lower on octane.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
not the octane the ethanol content

fluctuations from 70-90% arent too unheard of

·
Registered
519 Posts
Ya thats basically what I meant so it does sound like it varies a bit. How about pump failure do you see more of that as well with E-85 ?
I know when I have had stuffed tuned on E-85 They always want me to bring it where I'm getting it from say the pump i may use the most.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
no ive never seen any e85 specific failures ever

you should always bring the vehicle with a full tank of the actual fuel you use regardless

·
Registered
287 Posts
I've got a 363 Dart block SBF for my foxbody sitting at Steve Morris Shop in Michigan. Borg S475 single turbo AFR 205 heads with a ed Curtis cam. Motor will be put on the dyno October 15th and I'm going to see how much boost we can get away with on 93 octane. I'm not sure what to expect or how much flywheel power its going to make.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've got a 363 Dart block SBF for my foxbody sitting at Steve Morris Shop in Michigan. Borg S475 single turbo AFR 205 heads with a ed Curtis cam. Motor will be put on the dyno October 15th and I'm going to see how much boost we can get away with on 93 octane. I'm not sure what to expect or how much flywheel power its going to make.
Steve morris is an animal

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
should make 870 at 15 lbs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts