Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Mustang
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's my understanding the SN95 control arms are 1.23" longer than fox front control arms. I noticed on the maximum motorsports site they mentions their SN95 arms are 0.9" longer than their fox arms. I have an 85 (narrower K member) and will be putting SN95 spindles on it. I've seen the SN95 arms used on foxes in some posts, and specifically qtrracer who has give great details on tire fitment with an earlier narrow k member. But if the Maximum motorsports SN95 arms are a little narrower than oem this would really help fitment in the swap. I've emailed their tech the same question but if anyone has experience with this setup and the maximum motorsport SN95 arms I'd like to hear opinions.

"the MM FCAs designed for the 1994-04 SN95 Mustang may also be used on a Fox Mustang. MM's SN95 control arms push each front wheel 0.9" further outboard per side than the wheel location set by the MM Fox Mustang FCAs."
MM Front Control Arms, 1979-93 Mustang

·
Registered
1985 Mustang
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow, I figured maximum motorsports was closed for the day but I got an answer back from them within minutes. Here is the answer

"the MM Fox FCAs are about 0.29" longer than a Ford Fox FCA. The MM SN95 FCAs are exactly the same width as Ford SN95 FCAs."

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Interesting, I never realized that.

·
Registered
9,031 Posts
I didn’t realize that either.

I assume that distance is 0.29” longer from inner pivot mount to balljoint where the spindle mounts.

Now add on top of that the 96+ spindles additional 8mm which are recommended with a MM k-member and you are looking at 0.6” wider each side?

Hope my wheels fit

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
I didn't know that either. When I went from the sn95 arms on the stock K to the MM Fox arms on their K it seemed as though the wheel/tire package clearance was nearly the same - just moved forward .75". But I dismissed the idea. Still ran the 245/45/17s and 255/40/17s (both on Cobra 17x8 rims) on the car with no problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts