Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The motor I have ready to go in is a r block 331 billet rod 11r 190 heads f cam. Was gonna go 76mm turbo. What would this blower make on 93? Years ago when I called Paxton about this blower they told me it’s from a batch they built and the grecco’s went fast with one. I guess it’s the older 1700 cfm one

·
Registered
327 Posts
The motor I have ready to go in is a r block 331 billet rod 11r 190 heads f cam. Was gonna go 76mm turbo. What would this blower make on 93? Years ago when I called Paxton about this blower they told me it’s from a batch they built and the grecco’s went fast with one. I guess it’s the older 1700 cfm one
That's the key, being built in the Granatelli Era. My Novi 2k is from then as well. You're correct with 1700cfm and a step up ratio of 3.45. They were supposed to be rated at support level of 1000hp. The original Novi's came in three different platforms when they were first produced, each platform had different cfm ratings.

·
Registered
7,682 Posts
guys have gone deep in the 8s with that blower

what's the obsession with "most on 93"... no intercooler, no meth... you do know where that leads to right?

·
Registered
329 Posts
People running high-HP Vipers on Novi 2000's.
If they're sufficient for a 900hp 8.0L V10, I'd believe they're pretty stout for a small block Windsor.

But seriously for that kind of power run both intercooler and E85... For the sake of your motor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The reason for 93 octane is I want to be able to jump in the car and blast it at any minute without worrying and e85 doesn’t exist where I live. I’m driving this car everywhere. My main goal would to be able to run high 9’s at 140 plus on pump 93 and think I’d need close to 700 at the tire

·
Registered
327 Posts
The reason for 93 octane is I want to be able to jump in the car and blast it at any minute without worrying and e85 doesn’t exist where I live. I’m driving this car everywhere. My main goal would to be able to run high 9’s at 140 plus on pump 93 and think I’d need close to 700 at the tire
That's the number I'm shooting for, but here in AZ with a Density Altitude of 5000ft. Only reason I'm able to run higher boost levels my Novi2000 on pump gas is because I'm running a dual meth injection kit. Otherwise, I'd have to yank a lot of timing up top to make her live.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Run Torco with the 93.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts